Sector: Chemicals (France)
Context: Equipment operating in degraded mode:
Cause: The customer was processing a new product which clogged inside the tube, creating problematic build-ups.
The condition of the equipment and its mechanical parts therefore deteriorated rapidly.
Sercem performed a mechanical inspection of the equipment.
The proposed inspection included:
- Collection and analysis of data provided by the customer
- Shell modelling
- Calculation of tube load
- Calculation of feed torque
- Calculation of lifting torque
- Calculation of motor power
- Verification of kinematic chain sizing (girth gear and speed reducer)
- Verification of tyre and roller sizing
- Verification of roller bearing sizing
- Production of an inspection report and recommendations