Sector: Non-ferrous recycling and recovery / France
Context: Range of inspections & recommendations prior to refurbishment work
Dryer Dimensions : Diam.2,30m x Lg. 13m
SERCEM INDUSTRIE is well known in the field of heavy mechanics for 50 years in the suburb of Lyons in France .
Our customers are renowned international operators such as Lafarge- Holcim , Heidelberg , , Alcoa , Rusal etc ..
They are all world leaders in the field of mining , cement & mineral chemistry .
Our know-how is the mechanical improvement of production equipment such as rotary kilns , rotary dryers , mills, crushers etc…in France and abroad .
In this case, one of our customers based in France, asked us to renovate a dryer. First of all we carry out an expertise of the apparatus which consists in carrying out an audit of the deformation of the shell, the control of the alignment of the apparatus and the cartography of the thicknesses.
Module 1: Inspection of shell deformation
Module 5: Inspection of tube mechanical alignment
Module 2: Inspection of shell thickness
1/ Inspection of shell deformation:
- Installation of an appendix on the shell
- Installation of a rotation detection sensor
- Laser acquisition of the shell profile: 1 section every meter along the entire length of the dryer.- 12 to 16 points per section
- Processing and providing a report for each section
- Delivery of a global report (3D curve graphically synthesizing all the sections)
⁕1 mechanical technician
2/ Dryer alignment checks : (Equipment at standstill, no turn
The position of the shell centers at the supports
Mechanical Inspections: The position and parallelism of the axes of the rolling elements, which requires measuring :
- Drum slope
- Chassis and inter-chassis slopes
- Rollers slopes,
- Wheel spacing and turning angle of the rollers
- Ø and shapes rollers / tires
- Thrust position,
- Up and down movement and respective positions of the rolling elements. Manpower: 1 meteorological technician
2 mechanical technicians
3/ Cartography of shell thickness: on 2 generators (from the inside), 1 point every 500 mm
Manpower : 1 technician
Measuring condition: Equipment at standstill, turn required